Best Salesforce Apps: Solutions You Can’t Miss Out On
As many organizations and businesses know, Salesforce can just about do it all. While its core feature set is powerful in and of itself, with the best Salesforce apps on your side, you can extend the functionality of your CRM in amazing (and even surprising!) ways.
That said, we know that the Salesforce AppExchange is a crowded marketplace, and it can be tough to separate the great apps from the just okay ones. Lucky for you, we’ve done the hard work for you and put together a list of the most game-changing Salesforce apps out there, including:
- Fonteva Events
- Fonteva Membership
- Omatic Software
- Mogli SMS
- Luminate CRM
- RO ReferenceView
- Campaign Calendar
- Cirrus Insight
- FedEx Shipping App
These top apps fall across a variety of categories and industries, so no matter what you’re using Salesforce for, we guarantee that these solutions can help you achieve your goals!
But if you’re specifically looking for hints on how to use Salesforce to manage events, we recommend taking a look at this helpful post first! Once you’ve mastered event management, come back to discover everything else that your CRM can do.
Top Salesforce Apps from Fonteva
1. Fonteva Events: Best Salesforce App for Event Management
Salesforce App Overview
Designed to streamline any and all events, from multi-day conferences to meetings and training courses, Fonteva Events is an end-to-end event management solution built for Salesforce.
With Fonteva, you’ll be able to manage every aspect of your events in one user-friendly interface. Not only will you have full control over all of your crucial event logistics, you’ll also have plenty of flexibility when it comes to:
- Event registration. Completely customize every part of the registration process! Add multiple sessions and tracks each with their own capacities and waitlists, build and attach forms to capture important attendee data, and even offer merchandise or additional donation opportunities at checkout.
- Event ticket pricing. Maximize event revenue by providing a variety of ticket prices. Offer automatic member discounts, group pricing, or limited promotions that instantly sell out once you’ve hit your pre-set capacity.
- Attendee management. Give guests the power to build their own event agendas and customize their event experience during and after registration. With Fonteva, you can also tailor the event experience based on guest type so that members (or other VIPs) have special permissions and access.
At Fonteva, we know how important it is to plan an event that matches your strategy and goals; that’s why we let you customize your event planning experience from start to finish!
Why This Salesforce App Stands Out
If you’ve ever tried to plan events in Salesforce before, you may know that the event apps and integration options can be hit-or-miss.
With Fonteva Events, you’ll have access to all of the event management tools you could ever need, without the complicated integration. In fact, since Fonteva Events is native to Salesforce, there’s no integration required at all.
That means that instead of wasting time (and money) transferring event and Salesforce data back and forth, you can put all of your energy toward what matters most—hosting your killer event!
2. Fonteva Membership: Best Salesforce App for Association Management
Salesforce App Overview
Designed to be both easy to use and comprehensive, Fonteva Membership (formerly known as MemberNation) can be the last association management tool your team ever uses.
With a variety of modules to help streamline your efforts, Fonteva has thought of everything when it comes to membership and association management. Just a sample of this software’s features include:
- Online social communities for members. In an online interface that echoes popular social media platforms, your members will be able to communicate with each other using Chatter, share and collaborate on documents, and endorse one another for skills and expertise.
- Revenue management. Get a big picture view of your organization’s revenue using Fonteva’s accounting tools. Track transactions, process payments, deliver refunds, and easily generate financial reports without the need for third-party accounting software.
- Built-in eStore. Quickly build out an online shopping experience your members will love. Allow members to add additional donations or merchandise purchases onto their dues payments, and process transactions in your choice of 50+ payment gateways.
With Fonteva’s intuitive platform, you’ll be able to view all member interactions on one screen; that way, you’ll have quick access to all the different angles of association management.
Why This Salesforce App Stands Out
For such a robust set of association management features, you might be wondering if this platform will cost an arm and a leg. Thankfully, the pricing for Fonteva Membership is simple and transparent!
Your organization won’t have to worry about upgrade costs, integration fees, or additional licenses; instead, you’ll pay a one-time fee when implementing the Fonteva platform.
Not to mention, as a cloud-based solution, Fonteva requires no hardware, and there’s also no software to install or maintain on your end.
Matching gifts are a form of corporate philanthropy in which companies match their employees’ gifts to eligible nonprofits, meaning that the gift your nonprofit receives can be twice as large (or more!) at no extra cost to your supporters.
360MatchPro by Double the Donation is a Salesforce integration that automates the matching gift process by:
- Identifying supporters who work for companies with matching gift programs by scanning the records in your Salesforce CRM as well as sources such as email domains, donation forms, confirmation screens.
- Sending customizable email communications to eligible supporters, reminding them to complete their matching gift requests through their employers.
- Identifying your nonprofit’s largest matching gift opportunities and creating automated plans for reaching out to these supporters.
360MatchPro helps ensure that your organization reaches out to all eligible donors to encourage them to complete their matching gift requests, no matter how large your supporter base is. Your organization can customize the contents and timing of the emails, making them both efficient and personalized.
Want to learn more about your nonprofit’s opportunities for matching gift revenue? 360MatchPro’s reporting and analysis features help you keep track of all donors currently involved in the matching gift process and identify future opportunities.
InitLive is an all-in-one volunteer management tool that’s designed to reduce administrative time and boost efficiency. Easily manage your event staff and volunteers with this platform’s full customization options. Plus, a seamless integration with Salesforce ensures no valuable engagement or supporter data gets lost in the shuffle.
InitLive gives users the ability to streamline the creation and management of their events. From volunteer recruitment to drag-and-drop scheduling, this user-friendly interface takes the guesswork out of event management. Some of its top features include:
- Mobile self-check-in and attendance tracking. With complete event management available from your phone, you can quickly respond to any last-minute event changes from your mobile device. Two-way communication capabilities ensure your staff will keep your volunteer teams up to date.
- Quick drag-and-drop scheduling. Efficiently color-coded scheduling tools ensure staff and volunteers know exactly where they need to be and when. This smart scheduling software accounts for any last-minute changes so no shift gets left behind.
- Optimized program performance tracking. Quickly export all staff and event data to create custom reports that show where to scale up event staff and improve for the next event. These reports show who your top-performing staff members are, so they get properly recognized and encouraged.
InitLive is the most user-friendly and customizable Salesforce integration option for event staff management. Its registration and scheduling tools can’t be beaten, and its track record of helping organizations grow their volunteer retention rates attests to its excellence.
Nonprofits rely on a number of software solutions to help their operations run smoothly. However, each of these solutions speaks a slightly different language.
Nonprofits who use Salesforce as their central CRM need a solution that will translate all of the relevant data to a single format, enabling effective data hygiene and cleanliness.
Omatic Software provides this translation solution. Omatic Software allows organizations to:
- Automate the sorting and organizing of data as it enters your Salesforce CRM
- Run multiple solutions at once in harmony with one another
- Ensure no data is missed or lost in translation between software solutions
With Omatic Software, your nonprofit can be sure that all of your software speaks the same language so that data can easily be translated and transferred with ease. This provides a clear path to implement the different elements of your nonprofit strategy.
For example, if your organization is using a Blackbaud product like Financial Edge NXT, but Salesforce as your CRM, Omatic Software can act as the translator between to two. You can automate the data integration for these (and more) systems when everything is connected through Omatic.
For nonprofits, the age-old charity auction is a classic event fundraising option no matter what your cause or campaign may be.
OneCause reinvents the wheel when it comes to auction fundraising by giving organizations access to innovative features such as:
- Mobile bidding to enable silent auction guests to place and automate bids through their smartphones.
- Auction item procurement for silent, live, and online auctions.
- Online auction capabilities to extend the event fundraising window.
Designed with fundraisers in mind, the OneCause product family can revolutionize the auction experience for guests and the nonprofit. After all, less time managing auction logistics like procurement, item tracking, and checkout means more time to interact with donors and raise necessary fundraising dollars!
And they don’t stop at auctions, either. If you’re interested in how OneCause can upgrade your next event, make sure you check out their other software features, such as text-to-give and peer-to-peer fundraising.
Nonprofits and other organizations that rely on fundraising and donor engagement to raise financial support need powerful toolkits.
That’s where the Salesforce-integrated plugin from Salsa Labs comes in. Boost your fundraising capabilities with features like:
- Customizable fundraising and donation forms.
- Embedded matching gifts database access.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising capabilities.
While not available on the Salesforce AppExchange, Salsa’s plugin offers a fully integrated online fundraising suite for the Salesforce CRM platform. Putting all of your donor data and fundraising tools within easy reach of one another is a recipe for success.
For instance, Salsa’s integrated fundraising tools make the perfect addition to Salesforce’s list segmentation features. Your team will more accurately and effectively target donors for marketing and fundraising campaigns than ever before.
Keeping up with customers or constituents can be tough; Mogli SMS makes it easier!
Mogli SMS opens up communication lines with your Salesforce contacts by enabling two-way text messaging with any individual whose phone number is stored in your database.
On top of that, you can use Mogli to:
- Schedule and automate SMS campaigns through Salesforce.
- Create and send linear and branching surveys through text.
- Automatically store all messages within Salesforce.
And as a native Salesforce app, you can rest assured that Mogli SMS will work seamlessly with the rest of your CRM!
Vocus.io is a tool that serves as an all in one solution for Gmail outreach, and it comes with native support for Salesforce. The tool will log all your outgoing messages and email open statistics. The tool handles a variety of tasks involving regular emails, scheduled emails, emails from automated follow-ups, and mail merge emails.
Vocus.io can help you:
- Find Email & Validate Email Address – The Find Email screen takes in a first and last name and a domain address, creates multiple possibilities of an email address, and runs those possibilities through the email validator.
- Send Tracked Emails (open, link clicks) – Vocus.io can distinguish between multiple recipients and inform you who opened it, by name.
- Schedule Automated Follow-Ups And Reminders – With one-on-one automated follow-ups, you can design a personalized, multi-stage sequence of emails that are sent to your non-responsive recipients.
- Meeting Scheduling & Coordination – Vocus.io lets you share your availability and poll invitees in a single message.
Vocus.io is your go-to tool to simplify Gmail outreach and to ensure seamless data reporting to Salesforce. For its reasonable cost and the relatively advanced features, this is a must-have tool for all your Gmail outreach needs.
Speaking of nonprofits, if you’re in need of holistic nonprofit management software within your Salesforce platform, Blackbaud’s Luminate CRM is the way to go.
With comprehensive constituent management features, Luminate CRM extends the functionality of Salesforce to encompass nonprofit-specific efforts, including:
- Donation management for multiple gift types.
- Major gift tracking and management.
- Direct marketing campaign management.
Luminate CRM is a part of Blackbaud’s popular Luminate Online suite. Learn more about how these tools work together (and how they can impact nonprofit productivity and fundraising success) by reading this helpful guide from the Blackbaud consultants at DNL OmniMedia.
Chances are, your team is collecting Salesforce data from a variety of sources. That being the case, it’s all but inevitable that you’ll have some duplicates in your system. CleanCRM by ActivePrime can help you manage them!
With CleanCRM, you’ll be able to clean up your data and keep it clean using this platform’s simple automated tools to:
- Target and identify duplicate records.
- Merge duplicate contacts, accounts, or leads using a pre-determined master list.
- Perform mass database edits on an automated schedule.
Without clean, complete data, your Salesforce CRM won’t be very useful, so you’ll need a system for keeping your records as pristine as possible!
The industry leader in geo-productivity, MapAnything helps companies of all kinds enhance productivity by optimizing their territory management strategies.
You can leverage MapAnything’s suite of mapping tools in a variety of ways, including:
- Territory-based reporting and data segmentation.
- Route planning based on travel times, traffic, and weather.
- Customer or lead identification based on region and territory.
Useful for virtually any department, from field sales to marketing, MapAnything can help you see a real-world picture of where your customers and prospects are; then, this powerful tool helps you use that intel to enhance your efforts across the board!
While email and text message might seem to be the way of the future, an old fashioned phone call still goes a long way.
If your company relies on phone conversations to manage customer or lead relationships, Invoca can help you manage that data more effectively in Salesforce by giving you access to features such as:
- Email-to-call integration to measure email success through call traffic.
- Custom journeys based on inbound calls.
- Full visibility into calls outcomes within customer profiles.
With Invoca, calls no longer have to be a blind spot in your marketing or sales strategy. Instead, they’ll be another invaluable piece of Salesforce data to help you move your efforts forward.
For many businesses, customer advocacy is a game-changer in terms of sales and marketing strategy. Maximize your customer references by taking advantage of the intuitive RO ReferenceView platform!
You’ll be able to use their complete suite of reference management tools to:
- Compile references, including reviews, stories, and other content.
- Measure success using custom reports.
- Set up reference request workflows, nominations, and rewards.
RO ReferenceView makes it easy to channel your customers’ voices to drive sales and grow your business long-term. And having that power within your CRM makes this software even more appealing!
In today’s world, you probably handle most transactions and interactions online; that’s why you need a way to manage digital signatures securely and efficiently!
DocuSign can help expedite the eSignature process with features such as:
- One-click signatures.
- Real-time updates via Salesforce’s Chatter tool.
- Negotiable, required, and permission-based signature fields.
With DocuSign, you’ll be able to seamlessly manage all of your documents online, speeding up the signature process for contracts, eliminating unnecessary paper use, and streamlining data entry for your staff.
Clicktools aims to help your business “ditch the spreadsheets” and instead keep track of all customer feedback in a more intuitive fashion, directly in your Salesforce CRM!
With Clicktools, you’ll be able to:
- Build simple (or advanced) customer surveys.
- View live survey results through reports and dashboards.
- Instantly analyze feedback through Text Insight tools.
Clicktools understands that every member of your staff can benefit from robust customer feedback, but each department will manage that information somewhat differently. With Clicktools, you can take advantage of role-based features that cater to marketing, support, sales, and other unique teams!
For organizations who rely on Salesforce Campaigns to manage their marketing efforts, Campaign Calendar can make tracking those projects even easier—and more effective, too!
This app enables you to build an interactive calendar within Salesforce, helping your team to:
- Visualize your various marketing initiatives in an organized place.
- Filter through campaigns based on existing lists.
- Share a centralized schedule of upcoming tasks to your entire company.
And because every company manages their Salesforce campaigns in a unique way, you’ll have plenty of customization options to ensure your Campaign Calendar reflects your marketing plans, whether you’re hosting a webinar or planning a trade show!
Cirrus Insight is a leading provider of sales management and automation tools for a variety of industries.
With its complete Salesforce integration, you’ll be able to streamline nearly aspect of your team’s process from start to finish. Consider the value of features like these:
- Data entry automation to remove time-wasting logging activities.
- Inbox syncing to flow contacts, create events, and updates records in Salesforce from your email client.
- Detailed analytics and customizable dashboards to display sales insights.
By seamlessly integrating your inbox and your Salesforce platform, Cirrus Insight empowers your team to make smarter connections and save all the valuable data generated from interactions with customers.
Businesses of all sizes can use FedEx’s trustworthy shipping app to seamlessly manage all of their shipping needs within Salesforce.
FedEx’s native Salesforce app allows you to handle every aspect of the shipping process, including:
- Sending mail or packages to any contact stored in Salesforce.
- Calculating rates for FedEx shipments.
- Tracking shipments directly in your CRM.
With all of your shipping information stored in Salesforce, you’ll never worry that any data will get lost in transit!
Having a well-stocked Salesforce system means your organization will be equipped to handle any challenges that might be thrown your way. These tools should get you started—the rest is up to you!
For more Salesforce insight, check out these additional resources:
- Salesforce Event Registration: 5 Ways to Do It Better. You’ll be surprised at all of the ways you can use your Salesforce CRM to improve your event registration process. This post will teach you all the tips and tricks you’ve been missing out on!
- Top Salesforce Apps for Nonprofits. If you’re a nonprofit organization looking to get more from your Salesforce system, check out Double the Donation’s list of the best nonprofit solutions available on the AppExchange.
- Salesforce Event Management: The Essential Guide. Your CRM can be a powerful part of the event management process. Learn what to look for in a Salesforce event management app as well as best practices for planning your next Salesforce event with this thorough guide.